- List seven songs you are into right now.
- No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring/summer.
- Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs.
- Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
1. Goodnight California - Kathleen Edwards (This is bizarre because a Kathleen Edwards song is at the top of Maggie's list, too!) I must say, this song has some serious significance for me right now.
2. The Great Escape - Patrick Watson
3. Back in Your Head - Tegan and Sara (God, is this is EVER a fun song.)
4. The Trapeze Swinger - Iron and Wine
5. Les peaux de lievres - Tricot Machine
6. No Heaven - DJ Champion (This kind of electronic music isn't usually the kind of music I'd listen to much, but when M was visiting me a couple of weeks ago he made me a bunch of CDs, including the "A few good beats never hurt no one mix," with this song on it. We turned it up late at night and had a couple of really transcendent times with it. This song kills me. It totally makes me want to sprint to the nearest, sweatiest, darkest club and stay up till 5am dancing by myself. Yeah. That's what I want to do. I'm tired of dancing at things that are actually about drinking, or looking at people, or feeling proudly-yet-ironically queer. I want to dance somewhere where it's about nothing but the dancing. This song is emblematic of that.)
7. Lollipop - The Hidden Cameras
New Kid on the Hallway
(...but please don't feel pressured...)