- Well, that turned out to be a pretty un-fun visit to Home City, in many ways. Can you say fighting?? Ugh.
- But now I'm in Nearest Metropolis, seeing C., and going dancing in a few hours (the old kind of dancing that I can't do anymore, that was such a part of my life for 15+ years, and that I won't be able to do again until a week at dance camp in August. So excited - ready to squeeze every drop of joy out of this experience, to last me for six months!)
- Returning to Scary City on Sunday will mean re-immersing myself in the upcoming Week-Long-Series-of-Events-Whose-Organization-I-Spearheaded-But-Which-Give-Me-a-Headache-Every-Time-I-Think-About-Them. Good lord. I CANNOT wait for two weeks from today, when all of this will be winding down. I am INSANE for taking this on. Remind me that the idea for next to year is to get one big-ass speaker. One event. No more.
- I had 5-6 inches cut off my hair on Wednesday, taking me from having Long Hair to having a bob. I am currently not very happy about this, not at all, but have some hope that it will get better...I tend to like new haircuts dramatically better after about 7-10 days.
- I saw a boxer in the park here in Nearest Metropolis yesterday, and I visited with her for a few moments. The way she held her paws, and the way she looked at me through those boxer eyes, unraveled me. I left crying, feeling I'd almost touched Mr. K again. But not.
- This week I got notification from the organizers of another conference I'm going to in the summer (not this one) that they were pleased to award me several hundred dollars of funding. Huh?? I didn't apply for funding! Hurrah, right?! What a funny - great - thing. I had also in the fall received a travel grant from my institution for part of my (expensive) plane fare, so the whole thing is becoming much less dauntingly pricey a proposition than it was previously. Nice.