The lovely Psychgrad tagged me for a Random Facts meme.
Here are the rules:1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. 2. Share 5 facts about yourself.3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Since I haven't posted for days, I'll twist it slightly. I'll give you five random facts about my trip to date.
1. I had been having back troubles for the last couple of weeks, before I left for Home City. In the same general vein as the debacle of last summer, though less severe. I hadn't been doing anything about it (bad, I know) just because I was coping and getting by. Running was aggravating it. Anyway, my long plane rides home fixed it. I kid you not - sitting on the plane for many hours seemed to be exactly what my back needed. I began the journey hurting - I ended it pain-free. And that has continued. Weird.
2. It's very sad to be here without Mr. K. Very sad. I can't get used to his loss. The place feels soooo empty without him. I continue to be haunted by the day of his death - I just don't feel right about the way it unfolded. Being here brings it into sharper focus.
3. Staying in and watching eight episodes of a TV show on DVD, as R and I did on Sunday - it was disgusting, foul weather - is a really bad idea for me. It depresses me beyond belief.
4. I have been returning, in my research lately, to the very questions that, ten years ago, set me on the research path I'm still on. I sort of got sidetracked from those questions in my PhD, but I suppose I never resolved them for myself - I wasn't capable of doing so maturely at the MA level. So it's interesting to be re-entering this territory from this more, well, schooled perspective. To finish what I started. Because I realize that the book project I'm undertaking now is really that - where I was trying to go, in my MA, but had no idea how to get to.
5. In some ways, I see, it messes me up to come to Home City. One week here isn't enough, I'm just so aware of all the people I'm not able to see - and I'm not back until July. I feel as if my relationships will slip away. Are, already.
Now, the rules say I'm supposed to tag five people. I'm going to be a rule-breaker and just encourage you to give me (us) some random facts, without tagging you specifically.