I am being quiet. It's been a bit of a crazy time these last few days. Much too much eating, and running about visiting people, sandwiched in between not-so-fun dynamics with R. I just haven't had the time to post anything.
But today I am inside all day avoiding Insane Storm, and so it is a fitting day to do the meme that the lovely Earnest English tagged me for. The meme asks one to name five books that one loved in 2007. So here goes. I don't know really what to say about these, besides "I loved it and it moved me." I'm not feeling inspired these days. So I guess I won't really say anything.
1. Veronica, by Mary Gaitskill. (I was most surprised and thrilled with this one.)
2. Be Near Me, by Andrew O'Hagan
3. Literature After Feminism, by Rita Felski
4. Borderlands/La frontera, by Gloria Anzaldua. (Reread this; always adore it.)
5. Soucouyant, by David Chariandy. (I just started this novel yesterday, but good god, do I love it already or what? The opening scene was three pages of perfection. I read it on the bus and began to cry. Also, it has possibly the world's best cover.)
I am meant to tag five people, but I'm just going to invite you all to do this. I'd love to see your inspirations and recommendations.