Sunday, October 19, 2008

Even though I just got an email from an upper-year student asking what, exactly, a research paper is, I am trying desprately to screw my head back on. In a positive enough fashion to get me through the rest of the term.

I'm sitting here contemplating this in Nearest Metropolis airport, waiting for a connecting flight home. I'm on my way from Second Nearest Metropolis, the American city where I spent the weekend. Dancing. Yes, i got to dance all weekend (well, actually, I took it easier than I usually do because my knee was a bit shocked by this activity).

Yes, the dancing that I love. That I haven't been able to do since February since I missed dance camp in the summer. That I now have to travel to do, since I live in Scary City.

So that infusion of joy - as well as a gorgeous weekend in a Metropolis, meeting new people who feel so much like the community I left behind - make me feel alive again. I need to bottle that feeling.

Thankfully, I do have a good friend - also from my world o' dancing - coming to visit me from Home City this week.

Even though it's late and I'm tired, I'm looking forward to bringing this energy home with me, to Scary City.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I feel the same way about skiing as you feel about dancing. That may or may not be ironic; I don't know Scary City's skiing potential.

It's great to hear that you had a joyous weekend dancing and that your knee is up to it though!

I have contact with undergraduates tomorrow, since I'm subbing for a friend who's out of town....

medieval woman said...

That's so great! I'm so glad you got to go dancing and meet new people!

Once more, into the breach...